Engagement is an important milestone in the couple's life and can occur in different ways, according to the reality and wishes of the couple. But most couples choose to have a simple engagement party, considering that they will already spend a lot on the wedding itself and the trousseau, among other points.
Avec Toi ceremonialist Carol Rodrigues comments that the engagement is an intimate moment shared with those closest to her. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that the celebration is genuine, affective and simple. But a simple engagement also requires planning. Check out everything you need to consider below, along with inspirations in photos and videos.
- Tips for organizing
- What to serve
- Step by step
Tips for Organizing a Simple Engagement
Ceremonialist Larissa Santos of Seraphine Eventos comments that the engagement party can be planned and performed with the help of friends and family (although there are companies in the market that specialize in this style of party).
There are numerous possibilities when it comes to organizing a simple engagement. It all depends a lot on what the couple understands for simplicity, after all, what is simple for some people may not be so simple for others.
Read also: 260 beautiful and inspiring wedding invitation phrases
There are, for example, couples who have an engagement party for family members only. There are those who call some close friends, and even those who choose an engagement for two. In any case, the engagement calls for planning and special whim, as it is a unique occasion in the couple's life.
Check out the main points you should consider when organizing a simple engagement.
Who to invite
? To promote a simple and elegant engagement party, it is important to pay attention to the amount of guests present? Because it has an intimate connotation and a shorter duration, your guests will need attention, and thinking about the closest will facilitate this dynamic ?, comments Larissa.
According to the ceremonialist, in a simple engagement should be present parents and siblings of the newlyweds, close family and close friends of the couple. ? Leave the conveniences for the wedding date?
How long before invite
Larissa explains that as the engagement time for a engagement party is relatively short, it is ideal that invitations are distributed to guests about 30 days prior to the date of the event.
Read also: Engagement Cake: See Tips and Inspirations for Choosing Your
In some cases, the couple and family members agree together when and how the celebration will be, which requires no formalities regarding the invitation.
Choice of place
Larissa explains that the choice of venue for the event comes soon after deciding how many people will be present, what style the party will have and the menu to be offered.
• For example, if you want to have dinner, it is important that you fit tables and chairs for all present to be seated. If the couple have room at home and / or a ballroom inside the condominium, positive for the financial spreadsheet ?, comments Larissa.
Other good options are a small farm (family or rented), a restaurant or a simple ballroom.
When decorating the engagement party, it is interesting to have the participation and help of friends and family.
Read also: Bridal shower: tips and ideas for organizing a special event
The story of the bride and groom should be told through the elements present in the decoration. Putting your hands in making minimalist flower arrangements, separating family heirlooms, renting some elements to enhance the décor and spreading many memories through photos will ensure a cozy atmosphere with the couple's identity. And as a bonus, uniting the family even more ?, comments Larissa.
Most couples don't want to spend much when they think of a simple engagement. But still, you need to plan and budget your services and overhead so there are no negative surprises.
One tip is to keep in mind how much you want / can spend on the engagement, then start with the quotes. So, you already work with a? Final value? and only spend what it can!
? Because it is an intimate and smaller party, all help from friends and family is welcome. Using personal and parental collections is a way to save money at the party. It is important to always remember that for couples wishing to have a big wedding party, the economy and financial planning start from there ?, comments Larissa.
There are good ways to save time in organizing the engagement.Some couples offer the food and ask the guests to bring whatever they drink, for example. The decoration can be done at home, and the menu can be simple while being tasty.
Most importantly, the engagement has to do with the couple's style and be a joyous celebration!
What to serve
The choice of menu is a determining point for the organization of an event. Check out good menu suggestions below for a simple engagement.
Larissa comments that barbecue is an excellent option for a simple engagement party, as it dispenses with some protocols and makes the event more stripped down. ? The contribution of friends and family in this case is also possible ?, comments.
Carol stresses that if the couple are lovers of a good barbecue, why not do it to celebrate the engagement ?! "As in marriage, the bride and groom should seek to translate the personality of the couple in the event," he says.
A lunch is a great choice for a simple engagement. It can be done at a parent's house or in a small farm, for example.
"If the bride and groom choose to serve lunch, they can and should count on the help of butlers and waiters if they don't hire a specialized buffet, so that the party's hosts don't get overwhelmed," Larissa advises.
Reducing menu options is also important. Explore salad options (three types), one type of meat, one side dish and one dessert (which may be cake and candy) ?, Larissa suggests.
If the couple chooses not to hire anyone, it is interesting to think of a very practical menu so as not to be overwhelmed. After all, an engagement is already an intimate celebration, so it is essential that everyone present enjoy the party without worry.
? When the idea is to promote a dinner party at the engagement party, it is recommended that the couple enlist the help of at least one waiter. The menu can also be reduced, for example, with a pasta and two sauce options. It is also important to remember to offer food options for vegan and vegetarian guests, if any? Larissa advises.
If the engagement dinner is very intimate, just for the couple and the parents, for example, you can do something very informal, serving pizza or some kind of cuisine that the family enjoys (Japanese, Arabic etc.). But it all depends a lot on the style and wishes of the couple.
A cocktail is the most usual solution. ? In a less traditional and more modern party, it is easy to work with cold food and canapes stations and finger foods, spent in easy-to-handle and easy-to-eat cumbuquinhas. Does this make the party more dynamic and informal ?, comments Larissa.
If the couple do not want much work, they can also see the possibility of engaging in a restaurant, so they will not have so much concern with the menu.
The options are numerous. Anyway, Larissa reinforces, it is important to think of a dynamic menu and not very extensive, but that respects the time and climate of the date of the event.
"A cake table and sweets and a lot of personalization that tell the story of the couple (such as photos of their journey together until the order) are always the highlight of the party," says Larissa.
40 simple and charming engagement photos to measure
With simplicity one can organize a beautiful and charming engagement, just use creativity. Get inspired with some pictures!
1. A decorated corner may be what you need for a simple engagement
2. Soft colors and wood accents make romantic and beautiful decor
3. Frames contribute to a personalized decoration
4. A table full of details but simple and charming
5. Can a simple engagement be performed at home?
6. Or in a ballroom!
7. Bet on the plants!
8. A message on the entry table may enhance the decoration.
9. Because it's the details that make all the difference!
10. How about betting on a wreath as a highlight of decor ?!
11. Because love lives in the details!
12. Flowers Bring Life and Romanticism to the Occasion
13. A simple betrothal can count on a surprise request
14. Is red all about engagement decoration?
15. Leaves the atmosphere romantic and lively?
16. But green and white also leave nothing to be desired!
17. A simple and beautiful engagement can be innovative too.
18. An intimate engagement looks wonderful with flowers
19. Can lighting make a difference?
20. Just like fruits in the decoration!
21. A flower heart placed on the mirror looks different and beautiful
22. Can a simple and beautiful engagement party feature themed sweeties?
23. Or with a fancy cake?
24. The important thing is that it suits the couple!
25. Can a message make a difference?
26. Just like a creative and personalized gift!
27. Is Rustic Simple Engagement Success Guaranteed?
28. Just like a simple beach engagement
29. Succulents Are Great Options For Simple Engagement Favors
30Saint Anthony's image can be used successfully in decoration
31. A simple blue and white engagement looks classic and elegant
32. When you can see the whim in every detail
33. The Mini Table Idea is the Right Bet for a Simple Engagement
34. Red and white bring a contrast beyond charming!
35. Is the decoration with yellow charming and different?
36. Just as the combination of orange and woody tones is rustic and beautiful
37. A beautifully decorated little corner may be all you need for a simple engagement!
38. The decoration may include objects that refer to the couple's lifestyle.
39. Lace can make any simple decoration much more elegant
40. A simple engagement is by no means synonymous with a boring engagement!
A simple engagement can gather a lot or a few people, or be an occasion for two, the most important is that it has the identity of the couple!
Simple Engagement Decoration Step by Step
Want to organize your engagement without spending too much ?! Get inspired by the tips below and decorate the event yourself!
Simple Blue and White Engagement Decoration
Hearts hanging on the wall are charming and to make them you will basically use cardboard, color set paper, scissors and pencils. Check out the video for all the suggestions and step by step for each decoration element.
Decoration for a simple and economical engagement
Rayane Oliveira tells how he organized his engagement spending $ 200. The party was for family and some close friends in a restaurant. Check out the video for all the tips and get inspired for your decoration!
Rustic Engagement Decoration Spending Little
A decoration with Japanese lamps, which are all about the rustic and are beautiful in the environment. Not to mention the decorative items that are things that everyone usually has at home and can be reused.
With good inspiration and creativity, you can organize a simple, economical engagement, but still be special (as it should be)! Also check out tips and inspirations for an elopement wedding.
7 Best Ideas For Surprising Your Loved Ones || Surprise gifts (January 2020)